Who is Advance 300?
We are a group of volunteers made up of community members who live, work and own businesses here in District 300. We believe in and care about the quality of public education here in District 300 and all across Illinois.
Because our kids' and our community's futures depend on it.
What We Are Doing Now:
- We are working to stop the extension of the Sears EDA which, if extended, will cost the District more then $14 million dollars per year in property tax revenue;
- We are working on making the State honor its commitment to give D300 $30+ million in CDB money awarded to us in the form of a grant in 2002;
- We are working to provide the residents of D300 with venues
to obtain information on all candidates running for D300 Board
of Education seats in each election including:
- Providing a questionnaire to candidates and then posting their answers on our website;
- Sponsoring a live question and answer forum so that residents can ask questions of each of the candidates;
- Working to inform the community of the work that D300 is doing to provide an excellent education to our kids;
- Continuing to represent our community as a watchdog to make sure that our trust and our tax dollars are being used wisely and that D300 continues to work to provide our kids with an excellent education.
What can you do?
Join us by sending us your contact information and we will keep you informed on current activities to support the education of our District 300 children. Go to our Contact Us link and send us your information.
On each of our website pages in the left column you will find current information on what you can do to help stop the extension of the Sears EDA.